- Graduate Certificate in Bushfire Protection
- Planning for Bushfire Prone Areas Short Course at UTS Sydney
NSW Rural Fire Service Qualifications:
- Certificate of Proficiency – Crew Leader
- Certificate of Proficiency – Advanced Firefighter
- Certificate of Proficiency – Village Firefighter
- Certificate of Proficiency – Basic Bush Firefighter
- Certificate of Proficiency – Rural Fire Driver
Ian Tyerman joined our team in 2012 bringing with him over 30 years of NSW Rural Fire Services experience and an extensive knowledge of CAD.
During his 30 plus years with the NSW Rural Fire Service Ian had successfully completed his Basic, Village, Advanced Fire Fighter and Crew Leader courses and had been involved in hazard reduction burns, remote area fire fighting and hundreds of emergency incidents (including campaign wildfires, motor vehicle accidents, search and rescue etc). Ian rose to the position of Captain of The Bays Rural Fire Brigade where he was responsible for the entire brigade both on day to day operations and at emergency incidents. Ian had also been a Sector Leader and Duty Officer of major emergency events which made him responsible for multiple crews made up of numerous brigades.
Ian is a valued Bushfire Consultant and member of our team, who has completed the Planning for Bushfire Prone Areas short course at University of Technology Sydney. His role within our firm include undertaking site inspections and land surveys as well as the preparation of both Bush Fire and BAL Assessments. Ian’s extensive CAD knowledge also gives him the ability to produce various mapping designs/drawings pertinent to Bushfire.