- Graduate Diploma in Design in Bushfire Prone Areas
- Certificate IV Fire Technology
- FPA Australia BPAD Level 3 Accredited Practitioner
- BPAD Accreditation No. BPAD9400
NSW Rural Fire Service Qualifications:
- Certificate of Proficiency – Crew Leader
- Certificate of Proficiency – Rural Fire Service Instructor
- Certificate of Proficiency – Advanced Firefighter
- Certificate of Proficiency – Village Firefighter
- Certificate of Proficiency – Basic Bush Firefighter
- Certificate of Proficiency – Chainsaw Operator (Cross Cut)
- Certificate of Proficiency – Senior First Aid
- Certificate of Proficiency – Urban Search & Rescue
- Certificate of Proficiency – Rural Fire Driver
- Certificate of Proficiency – Prescribed Burn Supervisor
Stuart McMonnies joined the team in 2003 and has now progressed up to Manager Bushfire Section bringing with him fresh ideas and outlooks to various bushfire design and mitigation matters.
Stuart is an active member of the Rural Fire Service (over 17 years) successfully completing his Basic, Village, Advanced Fire Fighter and Crew Leader courses. He has been involved in wildfires, hazard reduction burns, and prepares mapping data for proposed hazard reductions at a local Brigade level. Stuart has also been a Sector Leader and Field Operations Assistant, being responsible for multiple crews of many brigades. Stuart currently holds the position of Deputy Captain in the Berowra Waters Brigade.
Stuart has completed a Graduate Diploma in Bushfire Design Prone Areas from the University of Western Sydney, Certificate IV in Fire Technology (with Distinctions), and Certificate IV Business Management (with Distinctions). Stuart is a recognised FPA Australia BPAD Level 3 Accredited Practitioner. This enables him to provide Bushfire Attack Level Certificates for Complying Development (CDC) and deemed-to-satisfy or alternate solutions reports for Development Applications (DAs).
Stuart has also gained valuable experience in fire detection design, review of building plans and specifications, presentation of evacuation training and demonstrating portable fire appliances.
Stuart’s skills allow him to competently work on and analyse computer modelling for bushfire design in order to provide subsequent alternative solutions to bushfire issues as necessary.